A pliable, lightweight and transparent substrate with outstanding heat & impact resistance, polycarbonate is unfortunately comparatively soft and subsequently somewhat lacking in scratch resistance. Applying our anti scratch coating remedies this lack and makes polycarbonate almost equal to glass in terms of hardness. This, of course, makes it the perfect alternative to glass for many ‘more robust’ robust applications.
Polycarbonate can be coated with conductive ITO and/or anti-reflective coatings to make it the perfect substrate choice for applications including, among others:
- Touch Panels/Screens (Capacitive/Resistive)
- Eye Wear Lenses
- Electronic Automobile Displays
- Electronic/Opto-Electronic Displays
- Exterior Lighting Fixtures
- Shielding (EMI/RFI) Filters
- Food Processing & Medical Manufacturers Control/Display Screens, as well as
Transparent ITO Heaters, typical applications of which within unforgiving environments include, for instance:
- Security Camera Domes & Industrial Control Screens
- Military Ground Vehicles & Marine/Boat Windows
- Large Portable Generators’ LCD Display Panels
- Control/Command Screens & External Information Displays
- Agricultural Equipment’s Control Panels
- Aviation/Naval Cargo Areas & Hanger Lighting
- Flight Decks & Flight Deck Equipment
The high impact (anti-reflective) coated polycarbonate also makes it the ideal substrate for anti-vandal touch panels/screens (i.e. ATMs, public information displays, etc.) and bullet resistance lamination.
Further AR Coated Polycarbonate Applications
In addition to reducing undesired reflection/glare. AR coated polycarbonate also protects underlying images against UV-related yellowing/fading, which also makes it a popular substrate choice for applications including, for example:
- Picture Framing & Display Cases/Cabinets
- Art Exhibitions & Gallery Displays
- Retail/Poster Displays, Advertising and More
The ‘heavy use’ and environmental challenges these applications are frequently exposed to naturally makes it a must for their polycarbonate substrates to feature reasonable scratch resistance. It is here that Diamond Coating’s hard coating options come into effect.
Diamond Coatings Polycarbonate Anti Scratch Coating
Diamond Coatings produce a wide variety of conductive ITO & Index Matched ITO, anti-reflective and special optical coatings, as well as diverse hard coat options designed to enhance substrates chemical and/or scratch resistance.
Frequently designed specifically to meet the requirements of client-specific applications, DC hard coat coatings substantially increase both the chemical/scratch resistance and strength of applications that are exposed to harsh environments and/or heavy use. This, of course, significantly increases these applications’ durability.
To learn more and/or discuss your specific hard coat/polycarbonate anti scratch coating requirements, please do not hesitate to call us on +44 (0) 121 550 9430 or (Local Rate) +44 (0) 8451 360 603 today.