Internal testing against products supplied by leading copper tape UK manufacturers revealed that Diamond Coatings (DC) copper tape is the most conducting (both along itself and to metal surfaces) tape currently on the market.
Diamond Coatings Copper Tape Properties
Supplied with conductive, either single sided or double-sided, adhesive and release liners, DC copper tape UK features the following properties:
- Material Thickness: 0.025 mm (+/-0.005 mm)
- Adhesive Thickness: 0.03 mm (+/-0.005 mm)
- Release Liner: 0.11 ~ 0.15 mm
- Total Thickness: 0.076 mm (+/-0.005 mm)
- Vickers Hardness 0.3/15: 42
- Elongation Lo = 100mm: 16.84% to 17.77%
- Tensile Strength, Rm: 194.67 to 201.07 N/mm²
- Holding Power (178º/PST#7): >72 Hr
- Peel Adhesion (180º/PST#1): >1.0 Kg/in
- Temperature: 5 ~ 130 ºC
- Volume Resistivity (in Ohms/sq): <0.09 Ω/sq
DC Copper Tape UK Applications
Available in standard widths of 6 mm, 12 mm, 25 mm and 50 mm (non-standard widths can also be supplied upon request) and 20m rolls, DC copper tape is suitable for sealing gaps on RFI/EMI sensitive enclosures and fixing/sealing Indium Tin Oxide (ITO) coated windows into apertures. Common applications include:
- LCD Monitors
- Smartphones and other Mobile Devices
- Duplicating Machines
- Other Electronic Equipment Requiring EMI/RFI Shielding
- Low-Profile Transmission Lines (Surface Mounted) in Electronics
- Antenna Production and More
Perfect for bonding, grounding and shielding in electronic applications, copper tape also has a perhaps less conventional, yet apparently somewhat effective use as a slug and snail repellent. Here’s how (and why) this works.
For more detailed information on available copper tape/other products and/or to discuss specific application requirements with a member of our team of experts, please do not hesitate to get in touch by telephone: +44 (0) 121 550 9430 or (Local Rate) +44 (0) 8451 360 603, e-mail: email@example.com or via our online contact form today. Our representatives will respond to online/e-mail enquiries as soon as humanly possible.